Jetstream exists to help make adding global radio-frequency identification (RFID) capabilities to your organization as easy as possible. We offer a modern REST API for data transfer and device management between any Terso device and any number of systems. Terso Solutions also provides expert systems integration support, development tools, and ongoing monitoring and maintenance, but in this article we will focus on getting started with your Jetstream API integration.
For general questions about the use cases of Jetstream or detailed technical questions, either check out our FAQ or contact us. This article assumes you are familiar with Web APIs, your organization has a basic understanding of Terso Solutions and the Jetstream API, and you are ready to begin using the API.
Signing up for Jetstream
To obtain your user access key which authenticates your calls to the Jetstream API, you must be registered as a Jetstream user within a particular Jetstream organization.
To be added as a Jetstream user:
- Contact your Terso Sales Rep or Account Manager and request additional Jetstream user registrations. This option will only be available if your company already has a relationship with Terso Solutions.
Please allow at up to 1 business day for your registration to be completed, whichever route you choose.
If you are the first person from your organization to request access, you will be contacted by a Terso Representative before an application is created in Jetstream and you are added as a user. We are just making sure you have the information and resources you need to be successful.
Logging into Jetstream Navigator
When your signup is received and your registration is completed, you will receive an email from email@example.com with a link to log in to the Jetstream Navigator where you can access developer tools, Jetstream application info, and your user access key.
- Follow the link in the email or navigate to the login page at jetstreamrfid.com.
- Enter your email address and the temporary password that was included in the email.
- Click "Sign In".
Configuring your Profile Details
- Navigate to the profile page by clicking the user icon in the top right and selecting "My Profile".
- Modify your first name, last name, or email address as needed.
- Select your local time zone from the time zone dropdown.
- Select the default number of results to display per page in Navigator.
- Enter the date time format that Navigator should display for your user. Visit this page for more information on available formats. Custom formats are also supported.
- Click "Save Changes".
Changing your Password
Immediately after logging in to Jetstream Navigator for the first time, replace your temporary password with a password of your choosing.
- Navigate to the change password page by clicking the user icon in the top right and selecting "Change Password".
- Enter your new password twice. Passwords must be longer than 12 characters.
- Click "Save Changes".
Using your Jetstream User Access Keys
Your user access key must be passed in the header of each Jetstream request you make to authenticate your access. To retrieve, reset, or delete your Jetstream User access key, please contact Terso Support.
You will be able to make calls to Jetstream yourself by including your User Access Key in the header of your requests.
Congratulations, you are now ready to get started integrating RFID into your software with the Jetstream API! If you have any questions about the Jetstream API or Jetstream Navigator, please contact Terso Support.